Large Scale Apps with Svelte and TypeScript
Note: Here we present only the first few chapters from the book as a sample.
This book is a guide for developers looking to build large-scale front-end applications with Svelte and TypeScript. With the growth of the web and mobile app development, there is an increasing demand for robust, scalable, and maintainable front-end solutions. This book provides a comprehensive approach to building large scale code bases that use Svelte and TypeScript.
The book covers key concepts and best practices like:
- Building front-ends that can grow to a large code base that is organized and easy to expand and maintain.
- Development of UI components in isolation using an API client that can easily serve live data or mocked data.
- Centralized State Manager organized into domain/area modules, providing a unified and consistent way to manage the application state.
- Internationalization and Localization for language translation and number/dates formatting according to a specific culture, making it easier to reach a global audience.
- TypeScript type-checking at development time to decrease run-time bugs or errors, reducing the risk of costly bugs and enhancing the overall quality of the code.
- Directory structure, file, and code naming conventions, ensuring a consistent and organized project structure for both developers and future maintainers.
- Hooks and Compositional Patterns, providing a flexible and reusable way to implement functionality in components.
- Components Libraries, allowing developers to build a library of reusable components, reducing development time and increasing code quality.
- Unit tests for models and components, ensuring code quality and reducing the risk of regressions.
The book is designed for developers with intermediate to advanced Svelte and TypeScript skills who are looking to take their applications to the next level. Whether you are building a new large-scale app or optimizing an existing one, this book will provide you with the tools and knowledge to achieve your goals. Throughout the book, practical examples and real-world scenarios are used to illustrate key concepts and best practices, providing you with a solid understanding of how to build large scale apps with Svelte and TypeScript.
Copyright © 2022 by Damiano Fusco (first published in January 2022)
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author and publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the author and publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator," at the email firstname.lastname@example.org.